Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Welcome!

Hello, friends! Welcome to One Life State to Live! This is yet another Sims 3 story blog, and hopefully the computer gods will see to it that I am actually able to complete this one >.<

BUT! On to better things. Happier things! Things that make you go hmmm....

I have been inspired (by the incredible Lynnwood...if you haven't read any of her stories yet, you must. You can find the links to them in my favorites section :)) to write some new stories to hopefully cure the ache of losing my other two. I picked several different types of legacies that interested me, and combined some to make some (hopefully) awesome and fun pieces for you guys to read! I will be adapting Lynnwood's humor/commentary style of writing, primarily because this is kind of a test to ensure my game and computer are running properly. I'd rather not risk developing a complex story (that I end up falling in love with) and losing it again should the computer gods work against me. Also, I find her style of writing to be hilarious and am excited to see if I can have half as much success as she does :) Laughter makes the world go round!

This first one that I've chosen is called an "I'm Surrounded by Idiots" challenge (ISBI for short). A breakdown of what exactly that is can be found here.

As the title suggests, the catch for my legacy is that each generation will be a different life state! We will begin with a human torch holder and go from there. Speaking of the torch holder, let's introduce her! 



Aaack! That's not a very happy face to begin this challenge with...

Sasha: You have the bomb dropped on you that you're going to be surrounded by idiots, idiot. Then tell me how happy YOU are.

Touché.


On that note, let's move forward! This here is Sasha Andrie, and she is our lovely Generation 1 Torch Holder! As per the rules, she has the insane trait. The rest of her traits include Ambitious, Absent-Minded, Adventurous and Angler. Yeah, I'm rather lazy and just started from the top of the trait list. Her lifetime wish is to be the CEO of a Mega Corporation. Her favorites have been randomized and are as follows: Classical music, the color violet and Dim Sum.

Sasha has just moved into this cute little house in Moonlight Falls!


Accompanying her on this new adventure is her little Basenji, Milo! Isn't he cute? This legacy's pet type will be small dogs. Each gen will have one of their own. Again, I'm lazy, so I'll probably just go down the list. But, should things develop differently, that could change. Anyways, back to the cute!





Before I wrap up this introduction, here is how the scoring will work:

-5 points for every sim failing school
-5 points for every sim wetting themselves
-5 points for every game induced visit by a police officer, firefighter or babysitter
-5 points for every sim passing out
-10 points for every accidental death
-15 points for every social worker visit
+5 points for every sim on the honor roll
+5 points for every birth
+10 points for every twin birth
+15 points for every triplet birth
+40 points for fulfilling a lifetime wish

**Optional bonus scores**

+10 points when you randomize every trait and lifetime wish for all children in a generation
+10 points when you refrain from using any spare's lifetime happiness points
+10 points when your NPS spouse reaches the top of their career
+20 points for every $100,000 in household funds



So, now that we are introduced to Sasha, Milo and exactly how this challenge will work, I leave you now to begin playing! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment